I find the first enemies (biting) to be very hard to kill, they have a small hitbox, then the shooters are really easy to kill. At the second level it got too hard. I will also mention that in fullscreen, some things were off-screen. Overall a great game.
On the brink of extinction, the Race known as Soul titans has been given one last hope.
Enough essence to power one of these living machines has been collected. Will it be enough to stand against the Hybris menace?
1) Use your mouse to guide your Soultitan
2) Left click to fire your auto - cannons
3) Right click fires your overcharge if you have one collected
Made as a solo dev for the GDL - Metal Monstrosity Jam. All modelled, designed and composed by Sunrock Entertainment.
If you like my work, be sure to follow me on:
All feedback is always appreciated!
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Some of my observations. (Note: I am not a profesional (or even good) game developer myself)
1. Auto-cannons audio gets a bit boring and stale after a while (especial with the 4 cannon gigantic titan)
2. Overcharge should scale too. It is super usefull early with the basic titan but next to pointless with the 4 cannon one. I thought its going to get more range or something as you tier up.
3. I love the controlls. Either shoot or move. (works really well with your ranged enemies)
4. The small basic enemies are hard to hit. (small hitbox?) So I got to lvl 50 and with my 4 cannon titan. Killing those bit red enemies was easy (literaly 3-4 shots and dead) while killing those small bastards was quite annoying.
5. I would like to see mouse position affect your cannon rotation. More focused fire if you understand. Would make it much more rewarding.
Anyway. Nice game.
I have to say this is one of the most constructive feedback comments I have had so far. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this.
It's funny you mention the focus fire, I had accidentally come across the behaviour but unfortunately artistically the beams didn't line up. But will definitely make a good addition to the GIGA titan.
Fun game! Love the music!